Date: Sat Sept 12, 2020
Distance: 122km / 76 mi
Start: Stanley Park, Vancouver
Finish: Whistler Village, Whistler
Elevation: 1900m / 6200 ft
Start time: 7:00 am
The ultimate team challenge
Qualified teams of 5 – 8 riders race one another along the Sea-to-Sky highway to Whistler and battle for victory. The St. Regis Cup presented by Robert J Macdonald will feature high-caliber riders in a lead race experience team format. Teams will compete in categories of men’s, women’s, and mixed for the grand prize!
Note: Women’s teams are 4-8 riders, while men’s and mixed are 5-8.
Qualifying times: 2019 Prizing:
Women’s category = under 4:55 hours* 1st place* = $2500 gift certificate to Gotham Steakhouse
Men’s category = under 4:15 hours* 2nd place* = $1500 gift certificate to Hy’s Steakhouse
Mixed category = under 4:45 hours* 3rd place* = $500 gift certificate to Red Truck Brewery
*Top 5 riders average time *Each category must have a minimum of 3 teams entered to be eligible for prizing.
Deadline for team changes is August 27, 2019 at 11:59am (PST).
Qualifying times can be used from a previous RBC GranFondo or another event with a representative distance. Proof can be entered upon registration.
The St. Regis Cup teams competition replaced the individuals’ Giro Race in 2018.
How do I join the challenge?
1- The Team Captain needs to create a team and register before anyone else can join. Start by clicking on the Event Registration Page link below and sign into your CCN account then click on the “Register A Team” button on the bottom left.
2- Enter all the team information, select the right category and then click on “Create my team”.
3- Process your registration, you will automatically be registered under the St. Regis Cup category.
** If you are already registered for the RBC GranFondo Whistler, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be moved to the St. Regis Cup category.
1- If you are already registered for the RBC GranFondo Whistler, please contact email@example.com to be added to a team.
2- If you are not yet registered, start by clicking on the Event Registration Page link below and sign into your CCN account then click on the “Join A Team” button on the bottom left.
3- Find the team you would like to join and click on it.
4- Process your registration, you will automatically be registered under the St. Regis Cup category and added to the team.
Deadline for team changes is August 27, 2019 at 11:59am (PST).
St. Regis Cup rules have slightly changed in 2019 to be brought into line with UCI Gran Fondo World Series regulations. The most significant change is that both starting and finish times will be based on chip time, and not a gun start like last year.
- Only riders with paid entrance fee will be allowed to race.
- Riders’ bikes must be in good mechanical order and adhere to UCI regulations.
- All riders may be subject to random drug testing.
- Riders are forbidden from riding outside the marked course (within the Cones), except when avoiding extreme danger.
- Any rider gaining even a single position by riding outside the coned course will be disqualified.
- Any rider leaving the coned in lane way will be disqualified.
- Riders shall be forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others.
- Rides are forbidden from using non-sanctioned neutral support while on course. Riders using outside support will be disqualified. There are no feed zones on course. Rider should anticipate this and carry food and water as required.
- There is to be no physical or verbal abuse displayed by any rider or persons involved with the race. The use of profanity is strictly prohibited.
- Any rider caught intentionally tossing waste on course will be disqualified.
- Outside vehicles are forbidden. Any rider receiving help from a vehicle along the route will be disqualified.
- Riders may use rest stops, but nutrition and water will not be handed up to riders. Unless the rider is DNF-ed and riding to Whistler as a GranFondo rider
- All riders may be neutralised in the event of hazards on the course.
- Riders will be neutralized through Stanley Park and released at Taylor Way. The first 7 kilometers are neutralised for this event.
- Any riders receiving assistance from another category or ride will be disqualified.
- The finish classification shall be determined by the average time of the top five riders on the team, based on chip-timed (from start to finish – no gun start). For the mixed category, the average time will be based on the top two women, top two men and the fifth riders’ times.
- No passing or jockeying is allowed during the neutralized roll out period.
- Number plates must not be folded or bent. Damaged number plates will result in no timing and rider DNF.
- Jersey numbers will be displayed on the back of the jersey as directed in the rider guide.
- Racers are not eligible for KOM/QOM stage results.
- All protests and grievances will be heard by and judged by the St. Regis Cup Race finish line judge. All decisions are final.
- All protests must be lodged within 30 minutes of first place finisher.
- All riders must be in matching kit to other riders on their team during the race.
- If you place in the top 3 in your category you are required to attend the awards ceremony at 1pm.
- All riders must be in podium attire (full team kit) and be available to the press for the awards ceremony.
- Alta Classe St. Regis Cup rides must start in the St. Regis Cup wave with their team.
- Front of event start
- Neutralized lead out
- Separate package pick-up at VeloSpoke Bike Expo
- Awards and champagne on stage for top 3 teams in each category
- Exclusive prizing
- Eligible for 2020 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships qualification
Accommodation deals & transport
Vancouver are offering up to a $75 VanPass voucher as well as best-in-town rates, while Whistler.com have deals including 2 free Scandinave Spa passes and $100 off accommodation.
Getting to, from or around the event? We have a range of transport options to suit your needs.
|Pricing||Aug 1 to
Sept 3 (9am)
|In person only (Sept 6, VeloSpoke)|
|Pasta Party||$50||SOLD OUT|
|Youth (Under 23)||$50||$50|
|Gran Fondo 122km||$310||$320|
|Forte 152km||SOLD OUT||SOLD OUT|
|St. Regis Cup 122km||$310||$320|
|Classic Bikes 122km||$310||$320|
|Medical CME||$350||SOLD OUT|
|Medical CME + Alta Classe||$799||SOLD OUT|
Prices are in CAD and change at 2pm PT unless stated